Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Adidas Copa 18.2 Soft Ground
- Reminiscent of the timeless Copa Mundial, the Adidas Copa 18.2 Soft Ground carries unique features that make it an excellent partner on the soft ground pitch. Just like its firm ground counterpart, this football boot brings a modern flair to a classic boot.
- One feature that this boot model boasts of is an elite first touch owing to its premium Taurus leather vamp, that’s also seen on the firm ground version. This high-quality material offers permanent softness that results in a more consistent ball touch. It also has low water absorption properties, so the feet are kept dry and more comfortable.
- This football boot also employs the Control embossing technology on its upper. This innovation works to reinforce a more precise touch, so players get an enhanced ball handling experience. That means more accurate strikes and better passes.
- For a secure fit, the boot relies on a central lacing system that ensures a skin-tight but more personalized fit. Meanwhile, a foam heel counter offers support around the ankles. Underneath the laces lies a mesh tongue that gives minimal padding to the midfoot as well as adequate breathability for the foot.
- Another distinct detail of this football boot is its TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) outsole that is configured for the soft ground pitch. This sole unit utilizes conical studs on the heel and forefoot that work to deliver reliable traction on wet ground.
Fit and sizing
Set in the standard sizes for men, the Adidas Copa 18.2 Soft Ground is known have quite a small fit, so wearers might consider getting about a size bigger than what they usually get. This football boot also offers quite a snug fit, especially around the toes, because of its Taurus leather vamp. Additionally, its central lace-up design also reinforces fit while also allowing for some customization.
The outsole of this version of the Copa is lined with a lightweight TPU compound. Underneath, the soleplate makes use of a set of conical studs specifically patterned and sized to perform well on the soft ground pitch. The studs are configured to facilitate twists, cuts, and pivots on the field.
The Adidas Copa 18.2 Soft Ground highlights a premium Taurus leather vamp that gives superior ball touch. The material offers permanent softness alongside low water absorption. As an added feature, the upper also employs a Control embossing detail that keeps the ball glued to the foot. This results in an improved ball handling experience.
This football boot is also equipped with a traditional lace-up design that works to offer a snug yet adjustable wrap around the foot. It also utilizes a mesh tongue that cushions and provides breathability.
- The Adidas Copa 18.2 Soft Ground comes in a Core Black / Footwear White / Real Coral colorway.
- It also comes in a firm ground version, the Adidas Copa 18.2 Firm Ground.