- Reminiscent of the timeless Copa Mundial, the Adidas Copa 18.2 Soft Ground carries unique features that make it an excellent partner on the soft ground pitch. Just like its firm ground counterpart, this soccer cleat brings a modern flair to a classic cleat.
- One feature that this cleat model boasts of is an elite first touch owing to its premium Taurus leather vamp, that’s also seen on the firm ground version. This high-quality material offers permanent softness that results in a more consistent ball touch. It also has low water absorption properties, so the feet are kept dry and more comfortable.
- This soccer cleat also employs the Control embossing technology on its upper. This innovation works to reinforce a more precise touch, so players get an enhanced ball handling experience. That means more accurate strikes and better passes.
- For a secure fit, the cleat relies on a central lacing system that ensures a skin-tight but more personalized fit. Meanwhile, a foam heel counter offers support around the ankles. Underneath the laces lies a mesh tongue that gives minimal padding to the midfoot as well as adequate breathability for the foot.
- Another distinct detail of this soccer cleat is its TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) outsole that is configured for the soft ground pitch. This sole unit utilizes conical studs on the heel and forefoot that work to deliver reliable traction on wet ground.
Set in the standard sizes for men, the Adidas Copa 18.2 Soft Ground is known have quite a small fit, so wearers might consider getting about a size bigger than what they usually get. This soccer cleat also offers quite a snug fit, especially around the toes, because of its Taurus leather vamp. Additionally, its central lace-up design also reinforces fit while also allowing for some customization.
The outsole of this version of the Copa is lined with a lightweight TPU compound. Underneath, the soleplate makes use of a set of conical studs specifically patterned and sized to perform well on the soft ground pitch. The studs are configured to facilitate twists, cuts, and pivots on the field.
The Adidas Copa 18.2 Soft Ground highlights a premium Taurus leather vamp that gives superior ball touch. The material offers permanent softness alongside low water absorption. As an added feature, the upper also employs a Control embossing detail that keeps the ball glued to the foot. This results in an improved ball handling experience.
This soccer cleat is also equipped with a traditional lace-up design that works to offer a snug yet adjustable wrap around the foot. It also utilizes a mesh tongue that cushions and provides breathability.