Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
85 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Visually I think they look good and in terms of overall feel, it's definitely more effective in terms of securing your forefoot than what you'd find from the previous generation Copa 17.1.
Features of the Adidas Copa 18.1 Firm Ground
- As an upgraded version of the 17.1 model, the Copa 18.1 Firm Ground sets a new standard on leather by employing premium K-leather on its upper construction. The material provides supreme comfort alongside a snug fit. It also gives players the advantage of a commanding touch on the ball.
- For added in-shoe comfort, this football boot utilizes an Ortholite sock-liner. This technology offers long-term cushioning, providing maximum comfort with each use. It also allows for high-level breathability and efficiently manages moisture.
- Another feature of this firm ground cleat is the X-ray cage positioned on the vamp. It allows for greater control when handling the ball. Moreover, it prevents the ball from slipping during contact with the upper.
- Adidas also fitted this football boot with a Sprintframe outsole. This soleplate offers lightweight support and rigidity that can last for long hours on the pitch. The conical studs attached to the outsole follow an alignment that allows for smooth ground penetration and stability.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Copa 18.1 Firm Ground comes in the standard sizes for men. It offers a medium width and fits quite snugly on the feet because of its K-leather upper. This football boot also offers a supportive fit owing to its compression inner sock construction. Meanwhile, its fold-over tongue works to enhance stability and provide some extra cushioning around the midfoot. Featuring a full lace fastening, it also allows wearers to adjust the tightness to their liking.
The outsole of this football boot utilizes the brand’s Sprintframe technology. This type of sole unit offers a good balance between stability and a lightweight feel. Designed with conical studs patterned for firm ground, it effectively delivers reliable traction on the playing field, allowing for smooth transitions.
Adidas has designed the firm ground version of the Copa 18.1 with premium K-leather upper. This material gives a comfortable, form-fitting wrap on feet. It also gives wearers a premium feel of the ball that significantly improves ball manipulation.
The upper also integrates an X-ray vamp cage meant to ease in better ball control. It also functions to reduce slippage of the ball during contact.
- This product is available in a variety of colors, including Running White, Black, and Tactile Gold Metallic
- This football not also comes in a soft ground version, the Adidas Copa 18.1 Soft Ground.