Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Adidas Copa 17.4 FxG
- The Copa 17.4 Flexible Grounds sports a synthetic leather upper instead of the genuine leather worn by most Copa cleats. Despite its synthetic make, the upper proves to be soft and lightweight allowing for optimal ball touch. The material also hugs the foot snugly for improved comfort.
- Over the midfoot, this football boot utilizes a central lace-up closure that can be adjusted to suit a wearer’s preferred tightness. It also uses a standard tongue secured by the laces. This offers a bit of padding on areas that come in contact with the ball.
- This unique low top boot features an all-in-one outsole designed for multiple types of surfaces. The sole moves with foot so wearers experience utmost underfoot comfort when running. Fitted with flexible cleats, this Copa model delivers exceptional traction on firm ground, artificial grass and hard ground.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas Copa 17.4 Flexible Grounds comes in the standard sizes for men. It fits true to size and has a narrow width. It offers moderate arch support, with the shaft measuring approximately low-top from the arch. Its thin foam insole provides cushioning for enhanced underfoot comfort. On the other hand, a mesh lining ensures breathability, so the feet feel fresh.
The outsole of this football boot is quite the all-in-one offering. It wears a synthetic construction that shows sufficient durability. For its cleats, the boot has been fitted with 12 triangular studs that suit three different surfaces - firm ground, artificial grass, and hard ground. The unique stud configuration delivers reliable traction and stability on flexible grounds.
Unlike the classic Copas built with a K-leather upper, the flexible grounds version of the Copa 17.4 utilizes soft and lightweight synthetic leather. Although entirely different from genuine leather, the durable material still offers a snug and comfortable fit. It also aids a close feel of the ball that allows for better handling.
- Personalization is available for this football boot.
- This boot is also available in an indoor version, the Adidas Copa 17.4 Indoor.