Good to know
- The Adidas Copa 17.2 features a premium Taurus leather in the forefoot area, which offers a snug fit. It also ensures minimal water uptake. Just like the full-grain leather found in the durable Adidas Samba Classic, Taurus leather is also built to last.
- This soccer cleat features a flexible soleplate that moves comfortably along with the movement of the foot.
- Lastly, the Adidas Copa 17.2 has a conical stud layout that provides increased traction on firm, natural grass. This configuration is similar to other classic heritage cleats such as the Nike Premier II Firm Ground.
With the soft leather in the toe box area, the Adidas Copa 17.2 can provide some stretch after the break-in period. However, it is recommended to go a half size bigger because it has a naturally tight fit. This soccer cleat is available in sizes 6 to 13 in men’s version only.
The Adidas Copa 17.2 has a lightweight soleplate which is similar to that of the Adidas Gloro 16.1 model. It is flexible and follows the movement of the foot for optimal comfort and responsiveness.
The stud pattern is the same as all the other Adidas cleats. There are four conical studs at the back, three on both sides at the front, and one in the middle. They provide enhanced traction and rotational stability, especially on firm grounds.
The full-grain calfskin leather in the forefoot area is a little bit thicker than kangaroo leather but comes pretty close where softness is concerned. It also stretches and follows the shape of the foot with continued use. The leather acts as a padding when shooting and dribbling the ball. It holds up in all weather conditions as well.
The Adidas Copa 17.2 also uses a synthetic leather-like material in the midfoot area. It provides a certain amount of stiffness that does not translate to a good overall feel of the ball.
The heel area has an internal counter and a good amount of padding for support. On the outside, it is covered by a mesh-based synthetic material that helps keep the soccer shoe retain its shape.
This soccer cleat uses a straight up lacing system and a synthetic leather tongue. It has a memory foam that runs through the middle.
The insole, which is glued to the shoe from the midfoot forward, offers a good amount of underfoot cushion.
- Blue Blast Pack
As part of the Blue Blast Pack, the Adidas Copa 17.2 FG is dressed in blue and white with black accents. Aside from the Copa 17 silo, this special colorway is also available in the X 16, Messi 16, and Ace 17 series. It is designed for the aggressive players who want to control the game but does not want to appear too loud on the pitch.
- Football fans can have their Adidas Copa 17.2 customized with their names and flags for a minimal fee.
- This soccer cleat’s design is inspired by the famous Adidas Copa Mundial.
- It weighs 9.2 ounces for a size 9 US, making it 1.7 ounces heavier than its predecessor.