Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Adidas Copa 17.1 Soft Ground
- A lethal combination of control and fit is what the Adidas Copa 17.1 soft ground football boot can offer its wearers. The kangaroo leather upper snugly hugs the player’s foot as it brings a soft feel.
- The sock-like fit is further reinforced through a foam element in the sockliner as well as the heel area. Additionally, the material slowly stretches over time molding into the shape of the wearer’s foot shape.
- A lacing system found at the center of the shoe enhances the fit. A longer-than-average burrito style tongue also brings an interesting twist to the shoe’s look.
- Traction in soft ground courts is ensured with Adidas’ Total Control soleplate. The soleplate bears that of an eleven-stud configuration designed to deliver grip while maintaining a lightweight feel in soft ground courts.
Fit and sizing
Creating an excellent touch and control, the kangaroo leather that makes up the upper of the Adidas Copa 17.1 soft ground football boot. While bringing a soft hugging sensation, the material slowly stretches and shapes over time into the wearer's foot. This, in turn, creates a personalized fit. The football boot is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 6 to 8. A central lacing system is incorporated into the tongue area to allow for more customizability in fit.
Putting to use Adidas’ Total Control technology, the soleplate has an eleven-stud configuration. Using a variety of stud types, the forefoot utilizes four aluminum studs and three conical studs. The heel area, furthermore, incorporates two aluminum studs paired with two conical ones. This stud configuration is designed to bring maximum traction in soft ground courts.
The Adidas Copa 17.1 Soft Ground football boot spared no expense in its upper construction. This football boot model makes use of a kangaroo leather material that envelops the player’s foot, bringing a soft yet secure sensation during play. As this leather type is also known for its flexibility, this element stretches and molds to the player’s foot shape over time.
Enhancing the fit is a central lacing system that allows for a more customized fit. While the shoe has a burrito-shaped tongue, it extends almost in line with the ankle area. At the edge of the tongue rests a bold red Adidas logo. Supplementing this is a three stripes sign also manages to stand out at the medial side of the shoe.
- The Adidas Copa 17.1 Soft Ground football boot is available in the core black and solar red colorway.
- Upon purchasing, this model includes two aluminum replacement studs as well as a stud key.