Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
87 / 100 based on 6 expert reviews
As far as the traction is concerned, it does get the job done.
There isn't really too much to complain about in regards to overall traction and performance in that particular department.
This has a completely different experience This is more of a modern leather shoe whereas the Copa Mundial is all about old-school, kind of a bulky shoe.
The Copa 17.1 is more going to be the direct competitor of the Tiempo Legend VI in this modern heritage category.
Features of the Adidas Copa 17.1 Firm Ground
- The Adidas Copa 17.1 Firm Ground (FG) has the feel of a classic leather boot with a touch of modern design and performing technologies. It features a genuine Kangaroo leather in its upper that provides maximum ball touch and unmatched comfort.
- The shoe also features a fold-over compression tongue that enhances overall fit without affecting comfort. It can be extended up to the ankle or can be folded off.
- Designed for firm grounds or sometimes referred as FG, the Copa 17.1 FG utilizes a Sprintframe outsole that offers stability. It has a lightweight structure that also delivers reliable traction on firm grounds. Along with it are the round stud tips that are specifically designed to provide smooth pitch penetration.
Fit and Sizing
The Copa 17.1 FG is only available in men’s version. Adidas offers this soccer shoe in sizes 6.5 to 12.5. The presence of the Ortholite sock liner and the heel lining provide the players an enhanced sock-like fit.
The outsole of the Adidas Copa 17.1 FG features the Sprintframe configuration that provides balanced traction on firm grounds. The shoe has a wide plate that bends in different directions. The flexibility of the plate delivers a more comfortable ride.
The Copa 17.1 has low-profile conical studs. There are four studs placed in the rear foot area and seven studs evenly distributed in the front. These studs are specifically designed for firm grounds, but they are also functional on artificial grass surfaces.
The Adidas Copa 17.1 FG features the premium K-leather material on its upper. Aside from giving the shoe a classic Copa touch, the leather material provides comfort and maximum ball feel. The upper is also flexible. It hugs the foot comfortably and allows the foot to move freely while in action. The presence of the stitching in the upper provides added durability.
A fold-over compression tongue is incorporated into the Adidas Copa 17.1. It is connected to the sole plate and wraps the foot comfortably, enhancing the overall fit of the shoe. It can be extended into the ankle or can be folded. The extra-long tongue also gives the shoe an eye-catching design.
For a sock-like fit, the shoe utilizes a soft inner lining. Aside from enhancing fit and comfort, it also helps the tongue to stay in place while playing.
The shoe also utilizes an Ortholite sock liner. It provides additional cushioning and enhances fit without affecting the overall weight of the shoe. This lightweight insole delivers a spongy feel while competing on firm grounds.
- Soccer enthusiasts can have a personalized pair of the Adidas Copa 17.1 at a minimal cost.
- The design of the Adidas Copa 17.1 FG is inspired by the famous Copa Mundial soccer cleat.
- The first Copa 17.1 was released in November 16, 2016 and later on, Adidas released different variations of the shoe.
- It weighs 7.4oz (210 grams).