Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
87 / 100 based on 6 expert reviews
As far as the traction is concerned, it does get the job done.
There isn't really too much to complain about in regards to overall traction and performance in that particular department.
This has a completely different experience This is more of a modern leather shoe whereas the Copa Mundial is all about old-school, kind of a bulky shoe.
The Copa 17.1 is more going to be the direct competitor of the Tiempo Legend VI in this modern heritage category.
There is not a whole lot to knit pick on here. The Copa 17.1 is a very fundamentally solid release, with a perfect balance of attributes. The compression tongue design might cause problematic to some players that don’t like pressure around the arch, and I won’t be recommending them as an option for players in need of a narrow fit. Outside of that they get the thumbs up!
Just because it's leather, when you shoot and pass there is way more cushion and the Copas run true to size.
- The Adidas Copa 17.1 Firm Ground (FG) has the feel of a classic leather cleat with a touch of modern design and performing technologies. It features a genuine Kangaroo leather in its upper that provides maximum ball touch and unmatched comfort.
- The shoe also features a fold-over compression tongue that enhances overall fit without affecting comfort. It can be extended up to the ankle or can be folded off. Fold-over tongues on Adidas shoes are pretty common especially with classics such as the Adidas Mundial Goal and the Adidas Samba Classic.
- Designed for firm grounds or sometimes referred as FG, the Copa 17.1 FG utilizes a Sprintframe outsole that offers stability. It has a lightweight structure that also delivers reliable traction on firm grounds. Along with it are the round stud tips that are specifically designed to provide smooth pitch penetration.
The Copa 17.1 FG is only available in men’s version. Adidas offers this soccer shoe in sizes 6.5 to 12.5. The presence of the Ortholite sock liner and the heel lining provide the players an enhanced sock-like fit.
The outsole of the Adidas Copa 17.1 FG features the Sprintframe configuration that provides balanced traction on firm grounds. The shoe has a wide plate that bends in different directions. The flexibility of the plate delivers a more comfortable ride.
The Copa 17.1 has low-profile conical studs. There are four studs placed in the rear foot area and seven studs evenly distributed in the front. These studs are specifically designed for firm grounds, but they are also functional on artificial grass surfaces.
The Adidas Copa 17.1 FG features the premium K-leather material on its upper. Aside from giving the shoe a classic Copa touch, the leather material provides comfort and maximum ball feel. The upper is also flexible. It hugs the foot comfortably and allows the foot to move freely while in action. The presence of the stitching in the upper provides added durability.
A fold-over compression tongue is incorporated into the Adidas Copa 17.1. It is connected to the sole plate and wraps the foot comfortably, enhancing the overall fit of the shoe. It can be extended into the ankle or can be folded. The extra-long tongue also gives the shoe an eye-catching design.
For a sock-like fit, the shoe utilizes a soft inner lining. Aside from enhancing fit and comfort, it also helps the tongue to stay in place while playing.
The shoe also utilizes an Ortholite sock liner. It provides additional cushioning and enhances fit without affecting the overall weight of the shoe. This lightweight insole delivers a spongy feel while competing on firm grounds.
- Soccer enthusiasts can have a personalized pair of the Adidas Copa 17.1 at a minimal cost.
- The design of the Adidas Copa 17.1 FG is inspired by the famous Copa Mundial soccer cleat.
- The first Copa 17.1 was released in November 16, 2016 and later on, Adidas released different variations of the shoe.
- It weighs 7.4oz (210 grams).