Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Updates to Adidas Athletics B
- The Adidas Athletics B is a versatile cross-training shoe that is specially created to keep up with the varied demands of everyday training exercises. It has a low-cut profile that is accentuated with clean lines to make up its overall modern aesthetics.
- The tightly-woven textile contributes to the supportive and lightweight nature of the shoe. The seamless construction of the upper enhances comfort and fit.
- Underneath the upper are the internal support structures for enhanced lateral stability. The foot-chamber is lined with textile for additional comfort.
- The shoe is equipped with the Bounce midsole. It is designed to provide bouncy responsiveness and impact protection to the foot. This cushioning component can also be found in the popular women's Adidas Gymbreaker Bounce trainer.
- A non-marking rubber outsole is found on the underside of the shoe. It features a tread pattern that facilitates multi-directional movements.
Adidas Athletics B size and fit
The Adidas Athletics B is specially made for women. It only comes in B- Medium width. It tends to run a half size smaller than the standard sizing, so buyers are advised to get it a half size bigger than their actual size.
The Adidas Athletics B utilizes a non-marking rubber outsole that prevents it from leaving marks on indoor flooring. Its tread has a textured pattern and a pivot point that allows for multi-directional grip on various surfaces.
Adidas’ proprietary Bounce technology makes up the midsole of the Athletics B. According to the company, this foam has a high energy return which gives each step an extra bounce. It also shields the foot from the impact throughout the training session.
The Adidas Athletics B employs a no-sew woven textile for its upper. This material delivers a lightweight, foot-conforming, and comfortable fit. It has strategically placed overlays for areas that need support the most, such as the toe box, the sides, and the heel.
Inside there is a textile lining that wicks away sweat from the foot. On the other hand, internal support structures maintain the shoe’s form. The trainer has a traditional lacing system and a thin tongue that ensure foot lockdown during explosive and dynamic movements.