|Base model:||Adidas AlphaBounce|
|Weight:||Men: 11oz | Women: 9.4oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 22mm | Women: 22mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 12mm | Women: 12mm|
|Release date:||Feb 2017|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Grey|
|Special editions:||7 special editions|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
80 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The AlphaBounce AMS gets high marks for style, fit, responsive & aesthetics, however; my only issue is that it could be more flexible in the toe box/ball of the foot area.
- The AlphaBouns AMS is a neutral road running shoe that was inspired by Aramis testing. The Aramis is a motion capture system which is primarily used to better understand the material and component behavior relative to the shoe. It produces accurate information about a component’s shape and its response to strain and deformation.
- The design pattern on the upper of the shoe resembles the image processed by the Aramis system. A previous model with a similar Aramis-inspired look was released in 2016. Compared to that, the Adidas AlphaBounce AMS has color choices that are subtler, giving it a subdued yet contemporary look.
- Instead of the pattern seeming like it’s fading towards the heel on the shoe’s midsole, as with the case of the previous model’s color choice, the Aramis pattern on the Adidas AlphaBounce AMS is focused on the upper, leaving the mid-sole clean and minimal.
- The upper is made up of Forged Mesh material with ridges and perforations strategically placed on the shoe’s forefoot as well as on its lateral sides.
- The heel area contains the three bars logo of Adidas. The molded EVA heel clip is externally visible, as well as a TPU heel counter, which adds more support and protection to the runner. In the same area, you will also find a pull tag attached to the extended heel cup to assist in putting the shoe on.
The Adidas AlphaBounce AMS comes in standard sizing for both male and female runners. Similar to the size, the shoes come in standard shoe widths for both genders. There are no wide width options for this shoe model.
The outsole of the Adidas AlphaBlounce AMS is made of an abrasion-resistant material called adiWEAR. This material is rubbery, non-marking and very durable. It has been formed into circular nubs that have been positioned on different pressure points under the feet. Aside from the nubs, wave patterns have been set to further enhance the traction of the shoes.
The midsole of this shoe is made up of Adidas’ infamous Bounce technology, which was introduced in the original version of the Alphabounce. It is a material that provides a springy sensation to every step. The Bounce technology on the AlphaBounce AMS is firm yet responsive, making the running experience feel adaptable.
Lateral ridges found on the upper can also be found on the midsole.
The insoles of the Adidas AlphaBounce AMS are removable. If additional support is needed, as with the case of runners with overpronation, the inserts can easily be replaced with orthotics.
The FORGEDMESH upper offers both support and a custom fit to the wearer. The stretchy characteristic of the material allows certain areas of the upper to adapt to the shape of the foot as well as the foot’s action with every movement.
The construction of this shoe is sock-like. The inner lining, as well as the tongue, is made of a soft textile that provides a snug fit. Both sides of the tongue are sewn in, simulating the experience of putting on a pair of socks.
As for the lacing system, the AlphaBounce AMS was designed with five eyelets and a lacing system that’s less traditional in pattern. The setup of the lacing system further secures the correct fit of the shoe on the foot.
A molded heel clip is placed in the rear section of the upper unit. It keeps the heel in place and prevents it from accidentally exiting the shoe.
A pull tab in the rear section makes it easier for runners to insert their feet into the shoe.