Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Adidas Advantage has sizes for men and women. However, it is best to refer to the site’s sizing chart for a more accurate fit. Also, it helps to read recommendations from other reviewers to get a good idea of how to go about when picking the right size.
The padded tongue coupled with the detachable insole provides the necessary comfort one needs when wearing a shoe. Adidas’ Cloudfoam insole allows for a soft padded stride.
Found in the tongue is a center loop to secure the shoestrings from moving unintentionally and securing one’s feet according to snug preferences.
Looking like a doppelganger for the Adidas Advantage Clean VS Lifestyle, this model, with its no-fuss design and basic colorway, allows a wide variety of styling options from casual low-down to sleek-smart office attire.
- For a sharp-witted attire in the office, put on a plain white round neck tee and a grey high-waist tailored ankle cut slacks with a matching blazer. Match this straightforward attire with a white pair of Adidas Advantage on the feet.
- Running errands can be stylish when donning on some loose-enough printed shirt tucked into chino shorts and a pair of black Advantage.
This low-top lace-up sneaker is unmistakably looking resemblant with the Stan Smith silhouette, particularly with the white/green colorway. The same hue of green is visible on the heel and tongue patching.
One striking difference is the perforated three stripes on the lateral and medial sides. While Stan Smith has the one-liner 3-stripes, Advantage has a triple-line grouping.
This shoe weighs a little heavier than the Cloudfoam Advantage Clean because of the regular rubber outsole; whereas the Cloudfoam Advantage Clean features the Cloudfoam midsole.
Adidas launched the NEO collection in 2012. Targeting the more youthful audience, Adidas decided to craft shoes that teens are more attracted to.
The shoe manufacturer noticed that the younger market easily adapts to a fast-paced life. Along with this are hyped up fashion trends that come and go. NEO, which literally means “new”, is a sub-brand of the company that caters to this.
In line with the essence of this set, Adidas tapped young and rising stars to get on-board and create their own designs. Among those personalities was Selena Gomez.
As the world became more reliant on the growing usage of digital marketing, the company with the Trefoil logo used the YouTube platform and the power of young influencers to market the Adidas NEO Cloudfoam shoes. Enlisting YouTube personalities Marcus Butler and Amanda Steele as an additional roster to its brand ambassadors.
Since then, Adidas has released several footwears and among the most popular are the Advantage designs. Most of the models from the Advantage lineup features the Cloudfoam technology, which is this cushioning system that provides the utmost comfort.
- It is a retro of a 70s silhouette that is reminiscent of Stan Smith.
- This low-top is available in either suede or leather uppers.
- Incorporates Cloudfoam tech for a more cushioned comfort feel.
- Stripe logo markings are visible in leather.
Cloudfoam Advantage Clean
- This is a stripped-down version of the Cloudfoam Advantage.
- Features a 3-stripe perforation detail logo on the sidewalls that allow breathability.
- Upper variations of leather-mesh, nubuck, leather, and leather-textile are available.
Advantage Clean VS Lifestyle
- This lace-up closure features the perforated 3-stripe logo outline.
- It features a heel pull tab for quick entry.
- Lace holders are absent of metal eyelets for a more streamlined look.
- This is a women’s exclusive shoe under the skateboarding category.
- One stand-out feature is the chunky platform-inspired midsole that makes it stylish.
- Varying heel accents of iridescent color, shiny black leather, and suede coral make for a feminine touch.
- Shoestrings come in a ribbony satin finish.
- Colorways available in (1) white/green; (2) black/white/grey); (3) white/blue; (4) white/metallic copper
- Also available is an edition in collaboration with Brazilian brand Farm Rio which is known for its colorful prints.