Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 5.7ozWomen: 5.3oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 7mmWomen: 7mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
83 / 100 based on 10 expert reviews
So, I highly recommend the adidas Gazelle – they have a real winner with this shoe!
For those already transitioned to minimal shoes or in the middle of transitioning, the amount of cushioning is just right – you’ll appreciate it for long distances.
The stretchy upper is very comfortable, but I feel it doesn’t hold the foot in place very well while going around corners. I would like this shoe to offer a bit more secure fit.
The Adipure Gazelle offers a 7mm heel-to-toe drop, which encourages a midfoot strike without being overly-minimal.
Updates to Adidas AdiPure Gazelle 2
- Unrestricted motion is the ultimate purpose of the Adidas AdiPure Gazelle 2. This lightweight running shoe offers runners a speedy and freeing experience when tackling those running activities, essentially resulting in a more natural performance.
- The upper unit of this cheap running shoe has technologies that ensure that the runner feels as if the material is just next to their feet. The comfortable coverage is soft and responsive, and it even allows air to enter the shoe to keep the foot dry and cool.
- The fabrics in the inner sleeve aren’t irritating to the skin. They work in tandem with the foot in order to encourage natural movement and smoother transitions through the gait cycle. Blisters and welts aren’t any worry as the smoothness of the inner wall keeps the skin of the foot free from discomfort.
- The mid-sole unit of the Adidas AdiPure Gazelle 2 caters to the needs of the foot when running. Landing the foot on the ground is supported by a shock absorbing unit. The forefoot lift even gets extra propulsion from a responsive foam. The platform essentially gives the wearer a smooth and easy running experience.
- The outsole unit uses a non-marking rubber material to make sure that the shoe gets protection from wear and abrasion. It is also able to provide traction over the roads.
Adidas AdiPure Gazelle 2 size and fit
The Adidas AdiPure Gazelle 2 is true to its size. The measurements are standard for the men and women’s versions. The heel, mid-foot and forefoot sections have medium widths, so runners with medium sized feet are the ones who are going to acclimate to it when wearing it.
The outsole unit of the Adidas AdiPure Gazelle 2 uses the ADIWEAR™ outsole technology, which is also used in the Duramo 9 running shoe. It is one of the most durable external layers available for running shoes. It protects the rest of the sole unit from wear and tear, making the shoe more efficient even after many uses. It also gives adequate traction on the roads.
The ADIPRENE® is a foam unit that’s located in the heel section of this running shoe. It protects the runner from the impact forces that come with landing the foot on the ground. It’s soft and responsive, and it gives the runner a bit of bounce.
The ADIPRENE®+ is positioned under the forefoot section. Aside from underfoot cushioning, it also gives a more propulsive movement, so each toe-off becomes more efficient and explosive.
The PUREMOTION™ mid-sole design allows the platform to mimic the natural movement of the foot. So, when landing the foot on the ground, the mid-sole spreads along with the foot, making the underfoot experience more balanced and more agreeable.
The techfit™ upper technology has been made to provide natural movement and flexibility for the foot. It makes a seamless, sock-like fit that prevents irritation from affecting the skin. The runner can actually wear the shoe even without socks and it’ll still feel comfortable.
The Second-skin forefoot layer follows the foot’s motion when naturally stepping on the ground. The toes can splay naturally as if running in a barefoot manner.