Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas Ace, Adidas Tango
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
88 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The shoe is nice and comfortable.
Features of the Adidas Ace Tango 17.3 Indoor
- The Ace Tango 17.3 IN is equipped with components handy for indoor and even lifestyle setting. Its overall vibe makes it a strikingly appealing shoe, mostly due to its external features.
- A synthetic construction known as Adidas Control Feel forms the upper of the indoor football boot. The forefoot area is dominantly made up of a breathable mesh material that provides a softer sensation. A transition of a more opaque synthetic starts from the midfoot going to the heel, following the lacing system.
- The stretchable collar completes the sneaker-looking feel of the boot. It is a sock-like textile that extends to the forefoot. It gives the boot a secure lockdown as it wraps the foot just like a sock, reinforced by the lacing system. Interestingly, it is the same collar found Ace Tango 17.3 lifestyle shoes.
- The stability of the boot comes from the Total Control molded outsole which is made of a synthetic material. The technology is engineered for agility and grip, perfect for indoor and flat surfaces.
Fit and sizing
Standard sizes are available for the Adidas Ace Tango 17.3 IN. The football boot is available in men’s version only. The fit is generally perceived to be true-to-size. It adjusts accordingly to the foot size through its stretchable sock-like upper and lacing system. It is noted by the majority as comfortable for both the wide and narrow footed players.
The Ace Tango 17.3 Indoor is constructed with the traditional rubber outsole of Adidas. Dubbed as the Total Control outsole, the boot is engineered to allow grip for both indoor and flat surfaces.
The unique sole pattern is a traction system composed of multiple hexagonal tiles arranged to achieve dynamic acceleration for indoor pitch. Larger rubber tiles are positioned in the forefoot for a better braking grip for push off motions.
The Adidas Ace Tango 17.3 is an indoor boot with a three-part upper construction. From the forefoot, a supple and breathable mesh material forms the upper through the Control Feel feature. Its textured form is built for a more responsive ball touch.
Transitioning to the medial and lateral sides from the lacing system is a more stable synthetic material. It is used to provide more support to the foot. The trademark Adidas stripes are glued to the lateral area.
On the other hand, the mid top collar brings the boot a stretchable sensation as it extends to the forefoot. It wraps the foot anatomically just like a sock.
A pull tab is stitched to the Achilles area to make it easier to slip on. On top of it is a lace-up fastening system that aids in making the overall fit more adjustable.
- The indoor boot is available in kid’s unisex version.
- The Adidas Ace Tango 17.3 Indoor can be purchased in the following colorways: Energy Aqua-Running White-Legend Ink, Core Black, and Solar Red-Core Black-Solar Orange.
- The Adidas Ace collection is already discontinued and is updated with the Predator collection which includes football boots such as the Adidas Predator 19.1 Firm Ground, Adidas Predator 18.1 Firm Ground, and Adidas Predator 19.1 Trainers.