Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
82 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
You're never gonna get a perfect fit out of this laceless system which leads to some issues in regards to containment. You don't have a lot of force pushing your foot down into the base of the shoe so there is a tendency for your heel to want to come up.. That's the nature of a laceless system, you put them on and that's how they're going to fit for its entire lifetime
If you're expecting these to feel like boostfoam running shoes, unfortunately, that is not the case. Despite having all that boost foam in the inside of the shoe, it really does feel like a standard insole set up - nothing special whatsoever - but not a negative thing either.
Depending on the shape of your foot, these things will fit you differently. You have to try them on to understand the way that they feel and how they fit you specifically upon your own judgement to decide as to whether or not this is the right style of shoe that you want.
It gets the balance and precision just right. It makes it feel elegant and solid at the same time without being clumsy
- The Adidas Ace Tango 17+ Purecontrol Turf is a laceless addition to the Purecontrol line and has a similar look to the Adidas Predator 19+ Firm Ground and the Adidas Predator 18+ FG models. Sticking to its Purecontrol roots, the shoe features the Primeknit and Non-Stop Grip (NSG) material in its upper. A Techfit technology has been incorporated into the cleat as well.
- The forefoot of the soccer cleat features a Purecut design which mimics the feel of a sock for a closer touch of the ball. The insole, on the other hand, features a synthetic suede liner on top of a foam-based material.
- Additionally, the midsole utilizes the Boost technology which is designed for a more responsive cushioning. The more energy the wearer yields, the more energy is returned.
- Above the heel area is the EVA (Ethylene-vinyl Acetate) strip. It gives added stability as well as provide more structure to the back of the shoe.
- On the outsole, the Adidas Ace Tango 17+ Purecontrol Turf features the Total Control technology for stability.
The Adidas Ace Tango 17+ Purecontrol Turf runs true to size. The shoe offers a sock-like fit. Sizes available for men are from 8 to 12. Women need to order one size down for the perfect fit.
The Adidas Ace Tango 17+ Purecontrol Turf shoe features a Primeknit upper in the forefoot which wraps around the foot for support. An elasticated, stretchable material is also placed in the middle part of the upper. This material is called Techfit and is placed to help maximize comfort for the wearer.
A coating of an ultra-thin film is also present all over the upper to keep the debris and moisture out. For added control, the No- Stop Grip dots are placed on the surface of these cleats. These dots help keep the ball glued to the user’s feet.
The Adidas Ace Tango 17+ Purecontrol Turf utilizes the notable Boost technology for cushioning. It is specifically incorporated into the shoe for a more responsive and durable cushioning. It delivers high-energy return for a powerful field performance.
With a rubber outsole, the cleat utilizes the Total Control Stud configuration. With the use of short conical studs, the shoe gives the player control while moving at high speed while maintaining stability in artificial turf (short-bladed synthetic fiber) surfaces.
The Turbocharge colorway brings an ocean-like vibe to the pitch with its Solar Green, Core Green, Core Black, and gold colorway. The upper dons the green hues in the color palette while sporting the three stripes logo that Adidas is well-known for. The logo is colored in black and outlined with gold. The pull tabs also sport the green shades from the palette.
Blue Blast colorway
This unique colorway manages to look unique without going over-the-top in its color selection. The color palette infuses a combination of black, blue, silver, and pink. This galactic color palette infuses a somewhat gradated look starting with a principally black collar which gradually transitions to a blue forefoot area. The medial side of the shoe bears the three stripes logo in silver which pops through a pink outline.
Ocean Storm colorway
Aptly named, the Ocean Storm color pack features hues of the sea. A combination of an Energy Aqua collar which transitions to a Legend Ink hue in the forefoot area. The medial side of the shoe dons the famous three stripes of the brand colored in white.
Magnetic Storm colorway
A dark look is brought on by the Adidas Magnetic Storm colorway. Using a solely core black color palette, the look seems to be balanced out without looking too simple or traditional. The three stripes on the medial part of the shoe with a sheen to the material used.
- The celebrated soccer star, Paul Pogba, collaborated with Adidas and released his design for this model featuring a Gold and Black colorway.
- The Ace silo is known to be worn by Mesut Özil and Ivan Rakitic, as well.