Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Ace lineup is a collection engineered for control, and the Adidas Ace 17.4 FxG silo is no exception. Its Control Feel upper enhances ball touch by molding to the shape of the foot. It is a synthetic leather material that offers a soft and lightweight sensation.
- The Flexible Traction studs set this boot apart from the usual cleats. The triangular studs are arranged in a way that would offer flexible grip ideal for different types of grounds such as firm ground, artificial and hard surfaces.
- The lacing in the center serves as the boot’s fastening system. The personalized fit is reinforced with the aid of the synthetic tongue. The tongue is installed with a lace guard to keep the laces in place.
It is important to note that the Ace 17.4 FxG best fits players with very narrow to regular width. Majority of the users went for half to one size up to attain the best possible comfort. The central lacing system aids in achieving a more personalized fit. It is offered in men’s version only with sizes ranging from 6 to 12.
The twelve triangular stud configuration make up the base of the flexible ground boot. The arrangement of the studs is biodynamically tested to withstand more than one type of ground namely firm ground, artificial grass, and hard ground.
The entire upper of the Ace 17.4 FxG is built with a synthetic leather material known as the Control Feel. It offers a soft and lightweight feel that aids in dribbling and striking. The upper creates an illusion of a leather construction through the toebox stitches that also aids in ball control.
The laces are positioned in the center and offer customized adjustment of fit. A lace guard is attached at the top of the synthetic tongue to maintain the laces in place. The tongue is designed with perforations to offer breathability.
- The following are the available color options for the Ace 17.4 FxG: Solar Yellow-Black, Solar Orange-Black-Solar Red, Energy Aqua-Footwear White-Legend Ink, Green-Black.
- The Adidas Ace collection is already discontinued and is updated with the Predator collection which includes soccer shoes such as the Adidas Predator 19.1 Firm Ground and Adidas Predator 19+ Firm Ground.