Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
In regards to the material and just the overall quality of the upper, it's better than what I was expecting.
Features of the Adidas Ace 17.3 Firm Ground
- Similar to its lower tier predecessors, the Adidas Ace 17.3 Firm Ground utilizes PrimeMesh in its upper. Although it almost looks identical with the Ace 17.2, the 17.3 model made a few tweaks in its upper configuration. Combining the PrimeMesh with synthetic neoprene material, the football boot aims to provide that sock-like fit and that superior touch that allows for great ball control.
- Another feature of the football boot is its Primecut silhouette, which is specifically designed to provide a streamlined fit around the ankle. This version of the Adidas Ace 17 allows players to test out how this style of collared boots performs without necessarily breaking the bank.
- The boot's outsole is configured with the Total Control alignment to give players the stability and traction they need to power up their play. These studs work impressively on firm ground as well as on artificial grass, allowing for efficient, high-speed plays.
Fit and sizing
Adidas Ace 17.3 comes in the standard boot sizes for men and women. The width of the boot, however, runs narrow, so it may not be the best option for those with wider feet. Given its PrimeMesh and neoprene composition for the upper, users can expect a tight, sock-like fit when these boots are worn.
The outsole of the Ace 17.3 Firm Ground is molded with the Total Control stud design. This type of outsole is the first to have a mixed Firm Ground (FG) / Artificial Ground (AG) configuration that is set with a lower stud height to enable more studs to touch the ball when handling. With this kind of stud alignment, the boots achieve superior stability, high-speed control, and traction on firm ground pitches.
The football boot wears an innovative hybrid upper that integrates PrimeMesh and neoprene. PrimeMesh lines the front foot area while neoprene covers the rest of the foot, including the collar. This arrangement enables the material to perfectly wrap the foot, giving that sock like sensation and adaptable support, especially at top speed plays.
The all-synthetic upper is also textured, providing a clean touch and impressive ball control that will allow players to dominate on firm grounds. It has also been treated with an ultra-thin film that works to protect the boot and keep water and debris out.
- A free printing option is made available for buyers to allow personalization of the boot.
- It weighs 7.2 ounces (205 grams).