Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
84 / 100 based on 14 expert reviews
Nothings gets in the way when you strike the ball,making this the most clean and fun experience I've ever had in a boot. It gets the balance between softness and precision just right and makes it feel elegant and solid at the same time, without being clumsy.
The overall touch in comparison to the 16+ and the original full Prime Knit 17 is one that feels a little bit thinner and little bit more consistent which I feel is a nice improvement. The shoe does not feel as bulky to me.
I think the Purecontrol is a good shoe. It's a capable top-end model but being that it is $300 at the top-end price point which buys you any top end shoe out there right now, I think it is a little bit overrated.
What you will find is especially when you start moving around and playing with a little bit more intensity is that there is a sloppiness to the fit because there isn't a true lockdown system here.
For me I'm personally not crazy about this lacing system.
I know people love the way the shoe looks but to me the shape looks just a little bit weird.
- Adidas Ace 17+ Purecontrol Firm Ground has been engineered with the Adidas Primeknit upper. This stretchy material provides more control of complex foot movements such as when running or turning. It gives the foot a more adaptive support. This includes an ultra-thin film that serves as a protection from water and debris.
- Non Stop Grip (NSG) technology is also applied to the upper that offers impressive ball touch. This is characterized by a thin layer of raised dots that produces a skin-like effect when holding the ball but remains to be a protective element at the same time. This is seen all the way to the rear area of the cleat.
- The laceless feature provides benefits specific to ball touch. This system allows the foot to get closer to the ball without any interference, allowing more control over the ball. Inside the cleat, a soft lining is intended to provide a comfortably tight feel to the foot that can adjust in the absence of laces.
- Boost technology is also added to enhance responsiveness with the cushioning. This provides the foot a spring-like effect, rebounding the same energy that the foot exerts. This can be found in the insole and into the soleplate of Adidas Ace 17+ Purecontrol.
- Due to the Sprintframe outsole, Adidas Ace 17+ Purecontrol FG is made to be lightweight. This technology offers stability with foot movements especially on firm ground and artificial grass (third and fourth generation). This is also exactly the same mechanism applied in the AdiZero F50 series.
Adidas offers the Ace 17+ Purecontrol FG in men’s version and sizes are from 6.5 to 13.5 sizes. The upper features a laceless system made of Primeknit fit which offers more comfort that tightly hugs the foot even with complex foot drills. The recommended sizing by the majority is true to size.
The outsole of Adidas Ace 17+ Purecontrol FG is built with Sprintframe material that is especially engineered to make the cleats lightweight and stable. This plate provides solid traction as well that can prevent any unwanted slips.
Total Control stud alignment is patterned to its design that is suitable for both firm and artificial (3rd and 4th generation) ground. This will allow high-speed movements and stability as well.
Created to provide ultralight comfort and support, the upper is designed with Primeknit material that provides the foot a much-secured feel. This is a stretchy textile material that allows more movement, giving the foot a sock-like sensation.
The upper is also embedded with Non Stop Grip (NSG) material that provides more ease to ball handling. This technology is often described as a thin layer of raised dots that gives more texture to the upper.
Additionally, this laceless cleat is designed with PureCut sock forefoot preventing any overlays that can interfere foot and ball movements. It also adds up to provide optimal fit to the cleat alongside with the Primeknit material. These technologies, when combined, optimize foot performance and control.
- Champagne Pack
In commemoration of the 15th anniversary of the Predator Mania, Adidas introduced this high-tier cleat in a very familiar palette. A trademark colorway from the Predator series, the Champagne pack was tainted to its rightful heir, the Ace 17+ Purecontrol. The Purecut sock is outlined with the nostalgic champagne red and white upper. The blueprint of this limited edition colorway was co-developed by David Beckham.
- Dust Storm Pack
The Dust Storm colorway was set to a unique update when it was released just in time for the 2017 Champions League Finals. A white-meets-black concept highlights the colorway with the accent of bright yellow stripes. This cool-looking cleat was released together with the other high-end Adidas cleats with their respective Dust-storm getup.
- Adidas Ace 17+ Purecontrol weighs 8.5 ounces.
- Paul Pogba, Juan Mata, Mesut Ozil and Dele Alli debuted Adidas Ace 17+ Purecontrol FG in modified versions.
- This product is available in Solar Orange, Core Black and Solar Red versions.
- The Adidas Ace collection is now discontinued and is updated to the Adidas Predator collection with soccer cleats such as the Adidas Adidas Predator 19.1 Firm Ground and Adidas Predator 19+ Firm Ground.