Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
88 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
In terms of comfort, it’s amazing. In terms of the design, it’s pretty good.
Overall, it is a nice-looking shoe. I like the minimal aesthetic and construction, however this colorway is not for me.
Unless you want to wear this specific colorway, I would rather spend my money on other Boost models which look and feel a lot better.
- Adidas has fitted the Ace 16+ Utraboost with a flexible Primeknit upper that provides a form-fitting wrap around the foot. The design improves stability during the game, preventing the foot from slipping. The upper material also allows for adequate breathability alongside a close ball touch.
- Another highlight of the cleat is its Ultraboost midsole. Initially, a feature found in Adidas running shoes, this leading technology functions to provide responsive cushioning for optimum in-shoe comfort. Moreover, this spongy thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) sole holds temperature-resistant properties that allow for a more consistent run.
- Between the heel and the forefoot, the cleat has incorporated the Torsion system for added stability. This feature gives necessary support for the heel and allows the feet to adapt to different surfaces while minimizing strain. The result is a smooth heel-to-toe transition during strides and movements.
- The cleat also features the Stretchweb technology on its outsole. This type of outsole works to lower the amount of pressure when the foot hits the ground, increasing comfort.
Because of its full one-piece construction, wearers can expect a snug, sock-like experience from the Adidas Ace 16+ Ultraboost. The laceless design along with the soft Primeknit upper facilitates a slip-on convenience as well as breathable comfort. With the enhanced cushioning from the Ultraboost midsole, overall support is also hugely improved. Regarding sizing, the cleat comes in the standard men's sizes and fits true to size.
Adidas has engineered the cleat with a ContinentalTM rubber outsole. This sole unit delivers remarkable traction both in wet and dry conditions. On the external part of the outsole is the Stretchweb. It is utilized to decrease foot strain and minimize injuries during running.
The soccer cleat features the Adidas Ultraboost technology. It is designed to provide a more responsive cushioning system. This spongy base lessens stress on the foot for a smooth and steady ride.
The upper of the Ace 16+ Ultraboost wears soft, lightweight Primeknit material that gives a sock-like wrap around the foot. This flexible material also offers an adaptive fit that allows for natural, unrestrained movement. Moreover, it facilitates a close touch for improved ball control.
The cleat adapts a laceless design, offering a comfortable slip-on entry for the foot. Around the midfoot is the knit construction. It provides enough tightness and elasticity to keep the foot in place during the game.
- The street-ready soccer shoe can be personalized with a minimal fee.