Merging top of the line technology with unmatched fashion impressions of each and every pair of Nike shoes has resulted to 100,000 reviews and counting. While it is of paramount importance that the performance of the shoe is the basis of footwear selection, Nike added a more than a passing bonus by creating some of the coolest looking shoes in the running world. In fact, people would be willing to purchase a Nike pair to simply look good in them!
What does Nike offer in their best minimalist shoes?
- Nike minimalist shoes are the company’s attempts to mimic the natural foot movement with the least interference possible. These barely-there shoes allow the foot to adapt to its natural running mechanics and the conditions surrounding each run.
- If sustained barefoot running belongs to the extreme, wearing Nike minimalist shoes would be the closest thing to it. They definitely allow the normal running progression to take place without leaving the tender soles totally unprotected.
- Running on minimalist footwear would be great to develop the strength of the tendons, ankles, and the calves. This is truer when this type of shoe is used on the uneven trails where the rugged terrain would allow the said body parts to develop at a much faster rate.
- As always, minimalist shoes are bulkier in the midsole for added protection. Despite the added protection and safety precautions that are indispensable in the trail, Nike has several trail specific shoes that are in no way heavy. In fact, these shoes run much lighter than they look like.
- Minimalist shoes produced by Nike enhance a much better midfoot and forefoot striking. Midfoot and forefoot striking are much more efficient and energy saving than heel strike. It should translate to a much faster pace on the track or trails.
- Since the longer the run goes, the more tendencies there is for the runner to heel strike. Nike smartly took this into consideration and left options for runners on the table. In its ranks are minimalist shoes that have no cushioning at all and there are those that have minimal cushioning on the heel in case heel striking is inevitable.
- The good as bones structure of minimalist shoes means the shoe is insanely flexible. It could be twisted from basically all angles which should bode well for the truly minimalist. On the other hand, it should be a caution to beginners of the minimalist type of running to take it easy and look for other best minimalist shoes that have some sort of rigidity in it.
What are the deciding features of the best Nike minimalist shoes?
- Heel to Toe Drop. Nike’s best minimalist shoes range from 4mm heel offset to lower. The lower the shoe sits on the ground the better the ground perception is.
- Structure. Minimalist shoes are basically bare by nature. This is the only way to mimic the natural foot movement. This is the type of shoe that has the least stability or support features offered or none at all.
- Weight. Varying degrees of expertise and experience would allow runners to choose from 6oz to lower, whichever is best suited for the runner.