Loading please wait...
Loading please wait...
Adventurous runners believed in Merrell, as proven by the fact that the shoe brand has been frequently mentioned in more or less 100, 000 shoe reviews of running enthusiasts and athletes. The brand’s stability shoes give a new hope to over pronators who want a more protective platform for their trail and track runs. Merrell stability shoes have merged the comfort of cushioning and toughness of their shoe innovations to maintain top-notch performance.
What distinguishes Merrell stability shoes?
- Stability shoes rank high in terms of pronation control. Runners with flat arches need stability shoes to promote an efficient gait cycle, since it decelerate pronation and keeps the foot from rolling inward.
- Stability shoes are available for trail and track runners. Aside from terrain-specific features, these shoes are also distinguished with plush cushioning, bulky midsoles, protective platforms and high heel to toe drops.
- Protection in the best Merrell stability shoes is guaranteed, thanks to its thick cushioning. Running on the trail or track would not immediately result in toe bruises or underfoot pain because the outsole and midsole are cushioned enough to protect the soles from impact forces and debris.
- The best Merrell stability shoes are heavy, but you can rely on these for support and stability. This type of running shoe is recommended for casual runners, fitness enthusiasts and athletes undergoing training.
- Merrell stability shoes can be used for casual activities, regular running, cross training, sports, high mileage runs and recovery runs.
How to differentiate the best Merrell stability shoes from the rest?
- Cushioning. In comparison to motion control shoes, the cushioning in stability shoes are not as plush or thick. However, this could mean more flexibility and responsiveness for runners who choose the latter. The cushioning should be a consideration when choosing the best Merrell stability shoes because it would influence its comfort, stability and pronation control. If you wish to be more flexible, opt for shoes with lesser cushioning, but still control pronation motions. If you take comfort in plush cushioning and need more protection against debris and impact forces, a cushioned platform will work well for you. Merrell has a trusted collection of midsole materials, including the EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) midsole and the CMEVA midsole, an advanced EVA material.
- Pronation Control. Stability shoes often feature shanks or posts to reinforce the midsole’s arch side. These are made from firm materials, like Thermoplastic Urethane, to decelerate pronation and control the inward rolling foot movements it causes. In addition, these arch technologies improve the torsional rigidity of the shoe during the heel to toe transition. You need to determine your level of over pronation before purchasing a pair of the best Merrell stability shoes. Buying the right model with a structured arch unit will reduce foot fatigue in running and encourage an efficient gait cycle.
- Fit. The appropriate fit of the shoe will not just guarantee a comfortable ride, but also provide the proper support. The structure of the shoe should be adaptive enough to secure the heel while running in order to guarantee a correct gait. A proper fit will also reduce the chance of blistering or hot spots, which is crucial when using a cushioned platform. Merrell features the Ortholite insole, Omni-fit lacing system and breathable Air Mesh among its upper technologies to create an adaptive fit for over pronators.