Altra is truly acing its production of zero drop performance shoes, making it one of the most popular shoe companies among minimalist and barefoot running communities. Included in more or less 100,000 shoe reviews, it is no wonder that Altra road running shoes are becoming a top choice for casual and professional athletes who want to have the best combination of impact protection, support and style.
Why do Altra road running shoes rank high in running shoe lists?
- Whether you want to train on the pavement, race on track or go hard in the gym, your road shoes will provide the versatile performance you need. Its undersurface will provide traction in flat and smooth surfaces, while cushioning can protect the foot from impact. It can also be used for casual activities, if you feel that you deserve a break from all the physical exertion.
- One thing that is secured in Altra road running shoes is the energy-return. Perfect for high mileage, energy-return properties absorbs the impact and converts it into forward momentum. The recycled energy will be a great thing when bounding from a mile to the next. Most neutral and stability trainers that are made for the road have energy-return properties, making them great for some up-tempo training and long distance running.
- Altra road running shoes are commonly characterized by a flat undersurface with durable rubber. Depending on the level of grip and traction present, they can handle wet surfaces and steep road inclines without losing speed.
- Altra road running shoes weigh less than the trail models, since they do not need much features other than for cushioning, impact protection and support. On the other hand, trail shoes might need more aggressive lugs, debris-proof materials and weather resistance.
What to factor in when choosing best Altra road running shoes?
- Shock Attenuation. Running on hard pavement can take a toll on your foot, especially when running long distances. An Altra road running shoe with good shock attenuation properties will keep your foot from feeling fatigue during long runs. Midsole cushioning from Altra, such as the A-Bound compound, Natural Ride System (NRS) and Dual Layer EVA foam, will assure you with plush comfort and energy return properties.
- Sole Durability. Since the pavement can be rough at times with occasional degree, it is best to secure sole durability. Abrasion resistance should be adequate, especially in impact areas, like the heel and forefoot. Altra’s sole materials will provide durability as well as cushioning and traction and these include the Blown Rubber compound and Trail-specific Sticky Rubber.
- Arch Support. Arch support varies in Altra’s best road running shoes. There are models that are made for supinators or neutral pronators, with a low amount of arch support to secure more freedom in foot motion. Stability models are suited for mild to moderate over pronators who need a supportive platform to reduce over pronation. There are also motion control shoes for the road that secure a straight gait throughout the transition. Altra’s arch support technologies include the Built-in Varus Stability Wedge and StabiliPod among others.